6.30.2016

Jackson Hole





















Just over 5 years ago, when those beautiful, beautiful people at STA Travel selected me as one of their two World Traveler Interns for the summer of 2011, I knew my life would change. I knew I was about to be taken through an unforgettable set of experiences. I knew I would come back with a string of memories that would stay a part of me for life. But I had not a clue to what extent.

Dutch was a complete stranger to me at the time. We literally met face to face for the very first time in Charles de Gaulle airport in Paris. He flew in from Colorado. I, from New York. To be totally honest, I was nervous. It terrified me to envision spending so much time with this person. Three and a half months enduring the highs, lows, and in-betweens of travel with a guy I knew hardly anything about. What if we had nothing in common? What if we got sick of one another? Or worse... What if he didn't get my humor?!

Five and a half years later I can confidently tell you, with tears welling up in my eyes as I type this, that I would not give up this friendship for anything. Not a thing.

I don't know how they did it, but somehow, those nice folks at STA Travel paired me up with one of the greatest humans I've ever come to know. 

There's nothing I could ever do for them that would measure up to how much they changed my life that summer. All I can do is express my gratitude... and put a little spotlight on them so that you may think of them when you start to plan a future trip. 

Dutch and I went on a bunch of different group tours as part of the internship -- y'all can meet so many awesome people that way. Maybe you wanna do a lil tour through Costa Rica? Peru? Thailand?? We did Southeast Asia and it was raaaaaad. Whatever you book, you should use their airfare deposit program which will save you lots of $$$. ;)

I want to give a huge gigantic ridiculous thank you to my STA Travel peeps for hooking it up on the trip I just took to see Dutch in Wyoming. I totes recommend booking with them on your next big thang. They might just change your life, too.

Ps. Dutch... ILY forever. Bye.
SaveSave

3 comments :

  1. All the images showing that you people had great fun on this trip. You have captured the beauty of nature as well as friendship as well. I am feeling good after reading this post.

    ReplyDelete

Share your pretty little thoughts with the world!